5 STAR BARBERSHOPS
The American Barber Association believes that our members are operating serious, customer-focused barbershop – at the highest level of professional and operational excellence. To recognize our members for excellence, integrity and professionalism, the ABA recently begun to certify Barbershops as five-star establishments.
The benefits of being designated a 5-Star Barbershop are the following:
- Credibility: 5-Star Barbershops have greater credibility with customers, Barbers, suppliers, leasing firms, bankers and communities in general. As a 5-Start Barbershop, your presence will be known and respected.
- Recognition: 5-Star Barbershops get greater recognition than all other Barbershops. Whether articles in the local newspapers, television shows or community magazines, 5-Start Barbershops get the recognition they deserve. In addition, 5-Start Barbershops also get recognition from the ABA, which may include; being listed in our annual 5-Star Directory, being recognized at the Annual Convention, and receiving a number of items (stickers, decals, pins and other items) recognizing your status..
- More Customers: Customers love our 5-Star Barbershops, primarily because they can be assured that they will get the best service at the best price. To get more customers and to retain your current customers, become a 5-Star Barbershop!
- Better Barbers: It’s a fact, Five-Star Barbershops attract the best Barbers. Become a 5-Star Barbershop and send a message to the industry and Barbers, that your place is the place to be!
- Financing: Financial Institutions are always looking for some reassurance that your business will be successful. Being designated a 5-Star Barbershop gives you that seal of approval. Become a Five-Star Barbershop and expand your capacity to secure more capital for your business.
How to become a 5-Star Barbershop
Not every Barbershop will be designated a 5-star Barbershop. The 5-star barbershop is a barbershop that follows operational excellence, everyday. The ABA recognizes 5-star Barber Shops via a process of nomination, panel review and award. 5-Star Barbershops are recognized on our website. To be considered, a Barbershop must be in operation for more than 3 years, be licensed by the local municipality and must be a member of the ABA.